Caxiuanã (04.01.2013 to 06.30.2013)

You are here

PDF versionPDF version
Year: 
2013
Quarter: 
April - June
Communications activities: 

 

None

 

Unusual Events at the TEAM Site: 

 

No unusual events at the site

 

New Species: 

 

No new species recorded at site

 

Protocol Activities: 

 

- The climate data from April up to June were collected and submitted.
- We finished the maintenance of the 6 plots. In the last month we fixed some bridges that were very unsafe.
- A new Vegetation file was saved to the database. All species identifications were revised and corrected.

 

Protocol Problems: 

 

- All climate data are up to date. However, we had problems with the rain data because the rain gauge was used by bees.
- We had some troubles to save the new vegetation data, but HelpTEAM helped with this. The new file was accepted.

 

Schedule Problems: 

 

There were not schedule problems in this quarter.

 

Logistical Problems: 

 

We currently have some mechanic problems with the outboard motors. We sent our Yamaha 25 HP motor to maintenance.

 

Suggestions: 

 

Regarding climate data uploaded, I have noted some errors in the climate status webpage. I talked with Kate Kaya about the system that showed 'missing data' for some days and required an explanation when the data were ok. Now, the system shows ‘extra records’ and I don´t know what that means. I wonder if the datalloger could be responsible for the error.